Sunday, June 29, 2014

In Memory of Kitten






Kitten,
                I didn’t get to say a last goodbye but I’d like to put one out there. You were a very special cat and my family and I will all miss you so much. You were found in our neighbor’s garage as a kitten and we took you in. You were an adorable kitten and you never really grew up, you even stayed mostly the same size. You’ve had so many different names; because you were so feisty and bitey we named you after a shark, and then at times you’d let loose some real smelly ones so we called you skunk. My family had a very heated argument over what your official name would be but mom’s name won out because she’s the one who filled out the vet papers.
                During my life there were a lot of times that I didn’t want to be around people but I’d always leave the door open a crack for you. You are always welcome wherever I am. When I came to visit after I moved out, sometimes you were the first I looked for and said hello to. I was flattered when I realized you recognized my car and would come out from whatever bush you were in to greet me.
                I knew you trusted me because when you were pregnant, you choose the space under my bed to have your kittens. It was pretty gross but also amazing and special. I really wish I could have been there for your last moments so you knew I loved you and knew I was there for you, but I’m thankful that my little brother was able to be there. He put you in a cushy bed and sat with you for hours and giving you attention. I almost made it in time, I hope you know I was rushing to get there but it just wasn’t enough. My brother told me you seemed ready to go and very peaceful.
                We have so many memories of you that we will always cherish, even my dad liked you and he doesn’t usually like cats. It won’t be the same without you.

I love you and will miss you always Kitten. Rest easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment